CrazyFly Sculp Kite
One world, one kite.
The new 2022 Sculp is an accessible do-it-all kite with a sporty feel. A true allround performer across all disciplines. Whether you like old school, freestyle, kite loops, big air or foil, the new Sculp will deliver.
Hybrid Delta Bow shape takes advantage of both worlds and results in the most versatile and easy to use kite we ever made. Light at the bar with a very intuitive feel, gradual pull and large depower.
With an eight point short fixed bridle the Sculp is fine tuned for kite loops. It turns quick with a small turning radius, good tension in the lines, and a nice catch after a kite loop. Combining the new shape and bridle, the Sculp offers good amounts of pop, drift, and slack in the lines for unhooking.
The Sculp has had a major makeover in 2021 with a completely new shape that moved the kite a class up in performance. This year, our designers implemented a brand new lightweight TerTex material. It is two times stronger than our Triplex triple ripstop and at the same time TerTex is forty percent lighter than the Dacron material we use. TerTex is applied in strategic areas of the kite in order to save weight, but at the same time, maintain a rigid and durable frame of the kite. Our designers found TerTex perfectly suitable for all struts, wingtips of the canopy and canopy reinforcement over the central strut. In these areas, TerTex replaced Dacron and for example 2022 Sculp 12m kite is 0,3 kg lighter than the 2021 version.
This makes a big difference in how the kite performs. Lighter kites move faster through the air, are easier to relaunch and turn quicker. It also increases the wind range, as low end performance is increased, because the kite is still able to fly in lighter winds.
With the weight reduction the bridle needed to be redesigned to squeeze the best possible performance and take full advantage of the weight savings. The canopy is again more refined with reduced number of panels.
– Hybrid Delta Bow shape – This is a brand new shape where our designers mixed aspects of Flat Delta and Bow shapes. The Hybrid Delta Bow takes advantage of both worlds and results in the most versatile and easy to use kite we ever made. From great hangtime to amazing kiteloops to unhooked pop and slack with pivotal turning, this shape is a true do it all platform.
– 3 Strut Design – Reduces the weight of the kite and improves performance. Due to the compact shape of the kite, and high quality of materials, the kite has optimal strength to weight ratio and canopy tension with three struts only.
– Dacron frame – With introduction of TerTex material, the Dacron frame has been completely redesigned. Heave duty Dacron leading edge and wintip reinforcements create the backbone of all CrazyFly kites. The heavy duty Dacron frame ensures the best strength to weight ratio and makes the kite much more rigid, correctly shaped, stronger and durable. This results in amazing flight stability, more dynamic reactions to rider input and explosive boosts.
– TerTex – TerTex is a brand new material used on all 2022 CrazyFly kites. It is two times stronger than our Triplex triple ripstop and at the same time TerTex is forty percent lighter than the Dacron material we use. Applied on all struts, wingtips and over the central strut of all 2022 CrazyFly kites, TerTex radically reduces kite weight. Lighter kites have better low end, move faster through the air, are easier to relaunch and turn quicker. TerTex also increases the wind range, as low end performance is increased, because the lighter kite is still able to fly in lighter winds.
– Triplex – Brand new and exclusive to CrazyFly, we introduced Triplex, the most advanced ripstop material on the market. Triplex has by far the best strength to weight ratio and with triple coating its durability is unmatched. The coating protects the fabric from UV rays, salt and abrasive objects, such as sand. Triple coating and three ripstop yarns ensure the lowest possible elongation and deterioration of the material till date.
– Reinforced Cross LE Seam – Each panel of the leading has a reinforced LE seam with an extra layer of heavy duty dacron. This makes up for four total dacron layers on the seam in horizontal direction. This reinforcement does not cross the vertical seams, as these already have four layers of dacron which save weight and creates even load distribution on all leading edge seams.
– Back Line Attach Points – We moved the back lines attach points directly to the leading edge of the kite. The new attach point position puts less pressure on the canopy and creates a much more direct response and faster turning of the kite.
– TerTex – TerTex is two times stronger than our Triplex triple ripstop and forty percent lighter than the Dacron material we use. Used on all struts and wingtips of all 2022 CrazyFly kites, TerTex radically reduces kite weight. Lighter kites have better low end, move faster through the air, are easier to relaunch and turn quicker.
– Double Layer Trailing Edge – Double layer of Triplex triple Ripstop on the trailing edge reduces the weight of the kite compared to traditionally used heavyweight materials. At the same time it creates even tension of the trailing edge and reduces flap. A smooth minimalistic solution with weight saving and increased product longevity.
– Eco Packaging – We are extremely proud to have over 98% of our product packaging from recycled paper. In the last few years we have been working hard on this and have replaced almost all plastic packaging with paper. All kites and boards have zero plastic packaging and come in recyclable boxes.
– Airlock Valve – The Airlock valve brings easy and quick inflation & deflation of the kite. For added convenience the pump hose connects under the valve with a simple half twist motion and stays securely connected during the whole inflation process.
– Arptex – Arptex sits at the top of abrasion resistant polyamide textiles. This high tech fabric made in Italy can handle plenty of abuse without getting damaged. The official number is 100 000 contacts with abrasive surface before the material starts deteriorating. This is why we selected Arptex as the most suitable material to protect CrazyFly kites in the most abused areas and increase the size of the Arptex Shields.
7m, 9m, 10m, 12m, 14m