Crazyfly Hyper – Elevating sensation.
This kite is hyped up. High performance. Big confidence. Power. Muscle. No hassle. Emotion. Devotion. Addiction. Perfection. Pure power. Rush hour.
Meet the redesigned king of the air with brand new TerTex material. This rocket launcher of a kite takes you to the moon and back. From zero to hero. In split seconds. No jokes. It delivers.
With the strongest and lightest 5 strut kite frame we have ever made, the Hyper is rock solid. No fuzz in the air, just pure lift, glide and smooth touch down. With Triplex Ripstop, it pulls. It pulls a lot, like a train.
Medium bar pressure gives power on demand and ultimate control for this big air boosting machine.
High aspect, no respect. Pull to play, accelerate. Oh damn, hit the break, Load up, get high. Let fly. Come down. Retry.
The 2022 Hyper continues to go in the direction of modern kites: weight is reduced while strength and performance are improved. The new Hyper received a major upgrade, as our designers implemented a brand new lightweight TerTex material. It is two times stronger than our Triplex triple ripstop and at the same time TerTex is forty percent lighter than the Dacron material we use. TerTex is applied in strategic areas of the kite in order to save weight, but at the same time, maintain a rigid and durable frame of the kite. Our designers found TerTex perfectly suitable for all struts, wingtips of the canopy and canopy reinforcement over the central strut. In these areas, TerTex replaced Dacron and the 2022 Hyper 12m weighs 3,7 kg instead of 4 kg on the 2021 Hyper 12m.
This makes a big difference in how the kite performs. Lighter kites move faster through the air, are easier to relaunch and turn quicker. It also increases the wind range, as low end performance is increased, because the kite is still able to fly in lighter winds.
With the weight reduction the bridle needed to be redesigned to squeeze the best possible performance and take full advantage of the weight savings. Bar pressure is reduced and the new Hyper has a much more fluent feel to it. The canopy is again more refined with reduced number of panels. Leading edge seams reinforcements were moved inside of the leading edge for increased strength and cleaner closing seam.
These aspects were all improved, while the hangtime and lift of the Hyper stayed untouched and we all know how amazing it is.
– Delta Bow Shape – This shape is a mixture of Delta and Bow shapes taking advantages of both. It offers lots of depower and boosting power on demand, automatic relaunch and maximum airtime. The Delta Bow shape is easy to control with low to medium bar pressure. This shape is ideal for riders looking for powered freeriding, big air jumps and hooked in freestyle.
– 5 Strut Design – The five strut design creates a very strong and sturdy frame for the canopy and is much needed for kites with longer wingspan, such as Delta Bow shaped kites. For high performance big air kites, like the Hyper, it is crucial for the kite to keep its shape and this is best achieved with the support of five struts.
– Dacron frame – With introduction of TerTex material, the Dacron frame has been completely redesigned. Heave duty Dacron leading edge and wintip reinforcements create the backbone of all CrazyFly kites. The heavy duty Dacron frame ensures the best strength to weight ratio and makes the kite much more rigid, correctly shaped, stronger and durable. This results in amazing flight stability, more dynamic reactions to rider input and explosive boosts.
– TerTex – TerTex is a brand new material used on all 2022 CrazyFly kites. It is two times stronger than our Triplex triple ripstop and at the same time TerTex is forty percent lighter than the Dacron material we use. Applied on all struts, wingtips and over the central strut of all 2022 CrazyFly kites, TerTex radically reduces kite weight. Lighter kites have better low end, move faster through the air, are easier to relaunch and turn quicker. TerTex also increases the wind range, as low end performance is increased, because the lighter kite is still able to fly in lighter winds.
– R3 Triplex Ripstop – Triplex – Brand new and exclusive to CrazyFly, we introduced Triplex, the most advanced ripstop material on the market. Triplex has by far the best strength to weight ratio and with triple coating its durability is unmatched. The coating protects the fabric from UV rays, salt and abrasive objects, such as sand. Triple coating and three ripstop yarns ensure the lowest possible elongation and deterioration of the material till date.
– TerTex – TerTex is two times stronger than our Triplex triple ripstop and forty percent lighter than the Dacron material we use. Used on all struts and wingtips of all 2022 CrazyFly kites, TerTex radically reduces kite weight. Lighter kites have better low end, move faster through the air, are easier to relaunch and turn quicker.
– Double Layer Trailing Edge – Double layer of Triplex triple Ripstop on the trailing edge reduces the weight of the kite compared to traditionally used heavyweight materials. At the same time it creates even tension of the trailing edge and reduces flap. A smooth minimalistic solution with weight saving and increased product longevity.
– Eco Packaging – We are extremely proud to have over 98% of our product packaging from recycled paper. In the last few years we have been working hard on this and have replaced almost all plastic packaging with paper. All kites and boards have zero plastic packaging and come in recyclable boxes.
– Airlock Valve – The Airlock valve brings easy and quick inflation & deflation of the kite. For added convenience the pump hose connects under the valve with a simple half twist motion and stays securely connected during the whole inflation process.
– Reinforced Cross LE Seam – Each panel of the leading has a reinforced LE seam with an extra layer of heavy duty dacron. This makes up for four total dacron layers on the seam in horizontal direction. This reinforcement does not cross the vertical seams, as these already have four layers of dacron which save weight and creates even load distribution on all leading edge seams.
– Back Line Attach Points – We moved the back lines attach points directly to the leading edge of the kite. The new attach point position puts less pressure on the canopy and creates a much more direct response and faster turning of the kite.
– Arptex – Arptex sits at the top of abrasion resistant polyamide textiles. This high tech fabric made in Italy can handle plenty of abuse without getting damaged. The official number is 100 000 contacts with abrasive surface before the material starts deteriorating. This is why we selected Arptex as the most suitable material to protect CrazyFly kites in the most abused areas and increase the size of the Arptex Shields.
7m, 9m, 10m, 12m, 15m